Ham and Cheese Waffle
(Leftover) Ham and Cheese Waffle
If you are like my family (which is highly unlikely) you have a spiral ham for New Years. I personally like spiral ham. It occurred to me that I’ve never made a savory ham and cheese waffle, though I’ve done bacon…so why not do ham too. (but not spam).
Ham and Cheese Waffle Ingredients:
1 cup chopped ham
½ cup cheese (I prefer cheddar)
½ cup flour (wheat flour, all-purpose flour, whatever you prefer)
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
½-1 cup milk or water depending on what you like
Spices I added: cinnamon
Ham and Cheese Waffle Recipe:
- Preheat a waffle maker
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients together (including the cheese) and mix in a separate mixing medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- After cooked, put your ham and cheese waffle on a plate and add a layer of melted butter, maple syrup, greek yogurt, and more ham if you prefer!
- Some people prefer to serve their ham and cheese waffles with lemon zest, lemon juice, or fresh dill.
Savory waffles have become a staple for me lately! Plus a ham and cheese waffle is the perfect way to use ham and cheese from the holidays. Or extra ham and cheese you might have in your house.
Question for you:
What is your favorite waffle combination? Do you prefer light and fluffy pancakes or waffles warm? Have you tried a ham and cheese waffle?