If you are like my family (which is highly unlikely) you have a spiral ham for New Years. I personally love ham (another reason I couldn’t be a vegetarian). It occurred to me that I’ve never made a savory ham and cheese waffle, though I’ve done bacon…so why not do ham too. (but not spam).
Ingredients: (for one person)
1 cup shredded ham (that is about what I took anyways)
½ cup cheese (I chose cheddar but there are many options here)
½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
½-1 cup milk or water depending on what you like
Spices I added: cinnamon
- Mix wet ingredients together then stir in oil.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well adding more water/milk if necessary.
- Last add the ham and cheese.
- Add to waffle maker or cook on griddle.
I know that probably sounds pretty ham+cinnamon but in my house we use a ham glaze which is sweet and paired with savory ham is actually quite good. I do enjoy savory waffles personally.
After having breakfast with Shannon last week, I thought about a ham and pineapple (ie:Hawaiian combination) that will be coming to you guys shortly.
Question for you:
- 1. What is your favorite pancake combination?
- 2. What do you have for New Year’s Dinner?