Smoked Salmon Waffle
Smoked Salmon Waffle (Nova Lox Waffle)
Okay so I know I say this a lot, but I can’t help myself. If you tried a smoked salmon waffle, you would probably say the same thing. If you followed my blog last year, you know I had a mini addiction to smoked salmon bagels at a little restaurant near my college. (I still do, only commuting 150 miles everyday for a bagel would take a large toll on my gas station coffee funds).
Well needless to say eating nova lox bagels was the inspiration behind this waffle. After all, waffles are bigger, and have more room for salmon and more room to be delicious. More room for a smoked salmon waffle? Plus more carbs?
Smoked Salmon Bagel Recipe:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour, wheat flour, or flour of choice
¼ cup feta cheese
1 package of thin slices of smoked salmon (nova lox)
1/2 cup water or milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
Spices I chose to add: garlic, onion
½ cup plain greek yogurt or cream cheese
¼ cup capers
Smoked Salmon Waffle (Nova Lox Waffle) Directions:
- Preheat a waffle maker
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients together and mix in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- After cooked, put on a plate and add a layer of greek yogurt (or cream cheese), capers, then top with slices of smoked salmon.
- Some people prefer to serve the waffles with lemon zest, lemon juice, or fresh dill.
Why greek yogurt?
They added cream cheese on the bagel when I buy them, but I was feeling a bit healthy and wanted to protein. Smoked salmon waffles have become one of my healthy breakfast splurges.
Questions for you:
Do you like smoked salmon? Have you tried Nova Lox Waffles?