Recently I started using Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz. As it gets hotter in the desert, I’m looking for more ways to stay hydrated. But then again, who is looking to stay hydrated?
About Hammer Nutrition:
In 1987, Brian Frank founded Hammer Nutrition. Throughout the years, Hammer Nutrition has grown from fuels and supplements and now includes clothing, body care products, EMS units, accessories, and more. I had no idea Hammer Nutrition makes more than fuel!
When Hammer Nutrition was founded in 1987, triathlon was the newest fitness thing. Most athletes were adhering to bad nutrition advice and found themselves under-fueled. Hammer Nutrition found its place in the endurance world, with triathlon, cycling, and mountain biking rising in the 80s and 90s.
About Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz:
The Endurolytes Fizz are rapidly dissolving tablets that create a flavored electrolyte drink. If you prefer flavored drinks, the Endurolytes Fizz is a good option. There are no sugars, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives, of course.
It’s important to note that one Endurolytes Fizz equals two Endurolytes Tablets. Plus, the Fizz Tablets are designed to break down the middle for personalized dosing.
Finally and most importantly, Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz are certified by Informed-Sport.
When should you use Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz?
It’s recommended to use prior, during, and after exercise for electrolytes. Some examples include:
- Exercise that is 2+ hours regardless of the weather
- Exercise above 80 degrees or 70% humidity.
- Exercise that is above weather you are used too
How to use Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz:
It’s recommended to have 1/2 tablet per 50 pounds per hour. of body weight. This is *just a recommendation* from Hammer Nutrition, and your usage depends on fitness level, weather, acclimatization level, and physiological predisposition. Do what feels the best.
What’s in Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz?
I appreciate that Hammer Nutrition shares all ingredients and lays out what they do.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: sodium and salt.
- Calcium Chloride: calcium and chloride.
- Calcium Carbonate: easily dissolvable calcium.
- Magnesium Oxide: easily dissolvable magnesium. Did you know many runners are deficient in magnesium?
- Potassium Bicarbonate: helps aid digestion.
- Manganese: Used for optimal muscle cell enzyme reactions and conversion of fatty acids and protein into energy.
- Vitamin B-6: Supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and protein.
- Citric Acid: Aids reaction process
- Sorbitol: natural calorie-free sweetener.
- Stevia – A natural, calorie-free sweeter.
- Monk Fruit: A natural, calorie-free sweeter.
- Avocado Oil: used as a tablet-pressing lubricant.
My Experience with Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz:
First, I appreciate how Hammer Nutrition lays out more information than you ever thought you needed about all of its products. I think I’ve said this 10000 times in this review. Their website is a continuous source of anything and everything you need to know about sport. I was excited to try them and see how I felt. It’s important to note the Endurolytes Fizz are not designed as your only calorie source during exercise. In fact, they aren’t really designed as a calorie source, they are designed to help stay hydrated.
The first spot I tried the Endurolytes Fizz was on an easy hike. I wanted to make sure it sat in my stomach well before trying it on runs and eventually during workouts. Even with the fizz, it sat fine, and I felt noticeably different in the warmer weather when I used it.
I began using it on runs, and I’ve felt better as I continue to get accustomed to running in the desert.
Flavors of Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz I tried:
- Mango: I’ve loved how many brands are coming out with Mango. The Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz is sweeter than many brands but not overpowering.
- Grapefruit: The grapefruit was less sweet, but I enjoyed the unique flavor.
- Lemon Lime: The standard hydration flavor. I appreciated the flavor and that it wasn’t too tart and the lemon didn’t get stuck in my throat.
- Grape: This is actually one of my favorite grape-flavored things. I’m not typically a huge grape flavor fan, but I like the Endurolytes Fizz.
Cost: $4.95 for 13 servings
These tablets are neither the most expensive nor the cheapest products out there.
Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz Conclusion:
I’ve really enjoyed using the Endurolytes Fizz products. I like all of the flavors, and I feel a noticeable difference when using them. Another reason I like Hammer Nutrition is because of how much information they give about each product. You don’t have to worry or wonder, and they lay out everything you could possibly need to know. I am looking forward to trying more of the Hammer Nutrition products.
What is the difference between Nuun Hydration and Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz?
I find the Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz to have more flavor and slightly sweeter. If you prefer more flavor, the Endurolytes Fizz is a great option. If you prefer less, the Nuun Hydration is a good option. Both products are designed as electrolytes and not as calorie sources.
Questions for you:
Have you tried Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz?
What is your favorite hydration product?