I think Beet Elite is one of the most requested product reviews. As someone who loves beets, I am surprised I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t take a lot of “pre-workout” types of supplements. Honestly, I hate feeling jittery, so if I can avoid more caffeine, I am happy.
So is Beet Elite the best caffeine-free pre-workout available? I think it might be.
What is Beet Elite “Pre-Workout”?
According to HumanN, Beet Elite is a non-GMO beetroot powder. They claim to deliver the same nutrients as 6 full beets.
That’s a lot of beets.
Why even consume beets? Beets increase the nitric oxide levels in your body. By increasing the nitric oxide levels, you’ll notice increased endurance as well as oxygen consumption. Since I just moved to a spot higher in elevation, more oxygen is welcome.
What ingredients are in Beet Elite?
- Non-GMO Beetroot Powder
- Non-GMO Beetroot Powder (fermented)
- Malic Acid
- Magnesium Ascorbate
- Stevia Leaf Extract
I don’t love that it contains Stevia, but my body has been fine consuming it in small quantities. I used to consume a lot more Stevia but stopped doing that sometime in early 2020.
Nutritional Profile of Beet Elite:
Total Fat 0g
Vitamin C 100mg
What makes Beet Elite Different from other pre-workouts?
- Easy to digest: I was a little wary when it said: take this 15 minutes before a workout. Drink a beet drink 15 minutes before I run?? But it goes down fine and doesn’t taste weird. I didn’t need to make a bathroom stop or feel uncomfortable.
- Tastes Good: Even if you “hate beets,” Beet Elite actually tastes fairly good, especially the black cherry.
- Easy to Mix: I mix my Beet Elite with water and have no issues. It’s not chunky. It is bright red though, so don’t let that throw you off.
- No caffeine means no jitters. Or migraine triggers. (I didn’t even mean for that to rhyme). Or being up all night. I have cut down a lot on excess caffeine because I feel as though it triggers migraines or keeps me up at night.
- Longer Endurance: Beets are known to help enhance endurance. I will say I do feel better when I use it.
- Informed-Sport Certified – free of banned substances!
The first time using Beet Elite, I decided to use it before an easy run. Honestly, I was just super nervous when it said you could consume within 15 minutes of activity. The thought of pounding 6 beets and then running was somewhat daunting. What if my stomach messed up? What if I felt sick or needed to use the bathroom?
I didn’t want to risk trying that before a workout or even a race.
Thankfully, I had none of those issues and felt good. It was easy to mix, and I didn’t need to make extra bathroom stops. After that, I started using it before workouts. I have been running better. Is that because I am in better shape or because of Beet Elite? Truthfully I am not 100% sure, but I do feel better when consuming it before a workout. I’ve moved it just to using before workout days because of the price.
Beet Elite Price:
The cost per serving of Beet Elite is fairly high and ends up being about $1.50 per serving. If you are running 7 days a week or using it 7 days a week, that can get expensive!
Beet Elite Conclusion:
I like Beet Elite, and I’ll continue to use it. Since it’s a fairly costly item, I’ll probably end up using it for workouts. I’m not sure how I feel about taking it before a race, but I will probably try at some point.
You can try Beet Elite for yourself here.
You can see more gear reviews here.
Love running? You can subscribe to my weekly newsletter or read more about running shoes in my ebook.
Questions for you:
Have you tried Beet Elite?
Do you like beets?