I have been trying to post a couple of posts including Vital Proteins each month. As an ambassador, I get to try products and authentically post about them. I’m not being paid, but if Vital Proteins and Collagen has helped me, it will more than likely help someone else too. So each month I try and post a recipe I’ve been personally using. Some I hesitate to call “recipes” because they are: add these things and put into a blender.
With the heat, I’ve been enjoying smoothies lately. I’m not a smoothie person in the winter, but hot weather is another story. This month I’ve been enjoying the Vital Proteins Strawberry Lemon.
I have had a serving after each run or workout to recover faster and honestly, I have been! After my 25k this smoothie was the first thing I’ve had. I also have found including collagen into my routine has made my hair grow faster.
A Few Benefits of the Beauty Collagen are:
- Help Improve Hair and Nails: Collagen helps hair and nails grow faster and stronger (I have seen this first hand with my own hair).
- Skin Health: Helps to improve the moisture and glow into your skin. This has also helped me personally, and my skin is the best it’s been in months.
- Post Workout Energy: If I don’t eat after a run, I find myself sluggish, so this provides energy that I need. With Vital Proteins, there are no added sugar or preservatives.
Last month I posted about using the Vital Proteins Strawberry Lemon for a recovery smoothie, and I’ve made some minor tweaks to include more carbohydrates and calories. I’ve found the extra calories help me recover faster. As I posted on Instagram yesterday, one of my primary goals is to stay healthy.
- 1 Chopped frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen berries (I use either strawberries or raspberries)
- 1 cup oatmeal (to add carbohydrates)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop Beauty Collagen
Mix and Go.
I’ve found the consistency to be much thicker and I’m able to recover faster. I have a smoothie after each run or workout (whether it’s 3 miles or 15). Plus it’s refreshing in the humidity.
Thank you to Vital Proteins for your support!
Questions for you:
Do you eat after a workout or run?
Are there any recipes or things you would like to see about Vital Proteins or Collagen?