Pineapple Upside Down Waffle
Pineapple Upside Down Waffle Recipe
One of my favorite fruits is pineapple. Before recently, I never thought to incorporate into a waffle form. I’ve had plenty of pineapple upside down cakes, so why couldn’t we try making pineapple upside down waffles? There is no reason…that’s why.
Pineapple Upside Down Waffles
Here is the thing…it doesn’t take a lot to make these. It doesn’t take a lot of ingredients and truthfully, it doesn’t take a lot of effort either.
Some pineapple…some whipped cream and you are golden. (or yogurt if you would rather). Then after thinking, I thought to up the tropical theme and added coconut too.
Pineapple Upside Down Waffle Ingredients:
½ cup flour
½ cup pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ cup sweetener (or how much you like)
¼ cup shredded coconut
Water/milk to consistency (or even pineapple juice, almond milk)
Pineapple Upside Down Waffle Recipe Directions:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients together and mix in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the pineapple upside down cake ingredients.
- Pour waffle batter into waffle iron and wait until golden brown.
- Serve with toppings of choice including more pineapple rings, maple syrup, chocolate chips, or whipped cream.
Pineapple Upside Down Waffles are one of my favorite waffle recipes. Waffle makers make life better right?
Question for you: What is your favorite fruity dessert?