I don’t know what to call these lemon pancakes…
Lemon zest pancakes?
Spirit of the lemon pancakes?
Lemon Squeeze pancakes?
Lemon cheesecake pancakes?
I’m thinking lemon squeeze because how awkward does that sound.
Moving on, I like fresh lemon or lemon flavor a lot.
Not as much as chocolate but it has always been a close second for a favorite pancake of mine. So the problem with lemon anything (think lemonade) is some people like it tarter than others.
For instance, I enjoy really tart lemonade whereas my brothers both enjoy really sweet lemonade with tons of added sweetener. So you must first determine…how sweet do you like your lemons?
Lemon Pancake Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour ( must say-wheat flour tastes weird with this but will work
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
½ cup-1 cup milk depending on consistency. I prefer almond milk to sweeten it a touch
¼ cup lemon juice (Can you tell I like the tart)
Dash of vanilla extract and sweetener depending on your preference
Lemon Pancakes Recipe:
- Preheat griddle
- Mix all lemon pancake dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients (including milk and lemon juice) ogether and mix in a separate mixing medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Spoon lemon pancake batter on the griddle with a measuring cup.
- Cook on the griddle and cook on a skillet over a medium heat (high heat will burn).
- When the lemon pancakes begin bubbling, flip and cook on other side.
- After you have cooked fluffy pancakes, put on a plate, and add a layer of melted butter, maple syrup, greek yogurt, chocolate chips, or lemon zest.
Like any of my pancake recipes, lemon pancakes are easy and straightforward. Plus if you’re feeling ultra fiesty, you can try lemon yogurt on top of your lemon pancakes!
Questions for you:
Do you like lemon pancakes? Do you like lemon at all?