I was excited to try the Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost. As most people know, immunity products have been trendy over the last few years. Everyone wants to take as many steps as possible to stay safe and healthy.
I’ve used Vital Proteins for several years now and written several posts about collagen, including:
- Vital Performance Collagen Review
- Vital Proteins RecoveryWave
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer vs. Collagen Latte
- Vital Protein Collagen Water Review
- Vital Performance Sleep Review
- Guide to Vital Proteins Products
- Guide to Vital Proteins Products: Collagen Peptides, Whey, and Gelatin
- Vital Proteins Whey Collagen: Protein without the Protein Powder
- Vital Proteins Gelatin
Wow, to be honest, when I wrote that, I knew I’ve written several but not that many. Anyway, safe to say I am a big Vital Proteins fan. Collagen is one of the few supplements that I noticeably when using. My skin, hair, and nails feel stronger. It might not be specifically designed for post-workout recovery, but it can be used after a run or to help promote healthy recovery and muscle repair. While Vital Proteins products contain mostly amino acids, they are not a complete protein.
About Vital Proteins:
Vital Proteins was launched in 2013 with one goal in mind: to help others live fuller, more vibrant lives.
The owner, Kurt Seidensticker, was experiencing knee discomfort from running. He wanted to find a product that would support his joint health. After much research, he discovered that adding ingestible collagen was the answer. Nutrient-rich foods didn’t provide enough amino acids needed for the body to produce collagen naturally. That’s how he created Vital Proteins. Now Vital Proteins has a wide variety of products for every health need.
About Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost:
The Vitality Immunity Boost is designed to keep you at 100% no matter the season. They have a blend of collagen-containing: L-glutamine, vitamin C, zinc, and electrolytes with Wellmune and Immuno-LP20. With just 30 calories, they are designed to mix easily into water or whatever drink you prefer.
What makes Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost different?
- 5 g of collagen
- 30 calories
- Glycine: a healthy amino acid that helps regulate a healthy immune response
- 2 G Glutamine: Helps synthesize antioxidant glutathione
- 50mg L-Tryptophan: Help regulate an overactive immune system
- 1000% DV Vitamin C: This is where the Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost is different from other Vital Protein products. Vitamin C helps boost collagen production, a structural protein that supports the connective tissue in the body.
- 200% DV Zinc: Helps support antioxidant protection.
- 250mg Wellmune: Helps improve general immune health without overstimulating the immune system
- 50mg Immuno-LP20:Sparks cell production is involved in immune defense in the small intestines.
- Contains electrolytes: sodium, magnesium, potassium.
- Contains B vitamins and Niacin
As you can see, the Vitality Immunity Boost contains many vitamins and minerals. Many of the Vital Proteins solely contain collagen and amino acids.
My Experience with Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost:
I was excited to try the Vitality Immunity Boost. The trendy thing since the start of COVID is more immunity and wellness products. I don’t believe that wellness products will keep you from getting sick all of the time, but they can help you feel better.
When mixing new hydration products, I am always curious to see what color they’ll turn. I was not expecting the lemon grape Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost to be so bright. It almost looks like wine!
Flavors of Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost I tried:
Orange: The orange Vitality Immunity Boost tasted like a light orange drink. I mixed mine with water and had it in the morning. It didn’t taste gritty.
Lemon Grape: I thought lemon grape was an unusual flavor, but I was excited to try it. It ended up being my favorite flavor. The lemon isn’t too tart and doesn’t get stuck in your throat.
Both flavors of the Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost tasted great. They mixed easily with water and didn’t taste gritty either. Vital Proteins are known to be able to add to baking. While I haven’t added the Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost to anything while baking, I suspect they’ll be fine there too.
I’ve used the Vitality Immunity Boost for just over three weeks now. I can’t say I notice a huge difference in immunity, but like any of the Vital Proteins products, I do notice a difference in how my skin, hair, and nails feel.
Cost: 14 sticks for $25 or subscribe once monthly for $18
Like most Vital Protein products, the Vitality Immunity Boost is not cheap. I do find the quality of collagen to be excellent. If you are looking for an immunity supplement with collagen, they are a good (but expensive) option.
Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost Conclusion:
I like the Vitality Immunity Boost, but they are not cheap. For me, I don’t notice a huge difference between the Vitality Immunity Boost and the standard Vital Proteins Collagen. Plus, the standard collagen is much cheaper. That being said, it tastes good and delivers the same great collagen you’ve come to like the brand. It’s up to you if the cost is worth the high-quality protein.
You can purchase the Vital Proteins Vitality Immunity Boost here and see all reviews here.
Questions for you:
Have you tried collagen before?
What is your favorite collagen product?