Recently I started using the De Buyer Baguette Pan. I’ve always wanted to make a homemade baguette. As a runner, bread and carbohydrates are some of the most important fuels you can have.
Admittedly, I never got into bread-making in 2020. I just bought it at whatever bakery was 5 minutes away! I think it was partially because baking bread intimidated me.
The breadmaking boom and yeast shortage also happened around the same time we were moving, so obviously, I had other things on my plate. Recently De Buyer reached out to me to try a new piece of their bakeware. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to try making a homemade baguette recipe! I tried a few different recipes, but they were all complicated, time-consuming, and my bread never tasted “good.”
After a few tries and adaptions, I found one we like. Plus, the recipe can take as little as 90 minutes. Now that it takes me about 90 minutes round trip to get to a bakery, I would rather make more homemade items like bread.
About De Buyer:
De Buyer has been around for almost 200 years. Yes, really. Around 200 years ago in France, De Buyer produced cutlery in a small smithy in Val d’Ajol from metals mined locally.
- High-quality bakeware made in France.
- Steel mold with nonstick coating and guaranteed to be free of PFOA and PFOs
- The bakeware is designed in collaboration with culinary professionals for personal and professional use.
De Buyer Baguette Pan:
- Made of steel
- Nonstick coating
- Even heat diffusion for uniform baking
- Protected against rust and oxidation
- Patented Air System technology uses perforations to let the heat in and let steam out. This creates crispy baked crust.
You can find the De Buyer Baguette Pan here.
Homemade Baguette Recipe:
Homemade Baguette Recipe
- Baguette Pan
- 2-3 cups Warm water
- 2 packets yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cup flour
- In a large bowl, mix together warm water, yeast, honey, and sugar. Set the bowl aside until it starts to foam (5 minutes)
- Add in salt. Then begin adding 1/2 cup flour until the dough becomes soft but not sticky. Knead the dough until it becomes sticky.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts. Roll into 4 long ropes. Then twist 2 ropes together to form 2 separate loaves. The loaves should be about 2 inches thick. Score each loaf with about 1/2 inch cuts.
- Place each loaf on the De Buyer baguette pan. Place in a warm environment covered for 25-30 minutes. This allows the bread to rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place baguettes into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Cook until golden brown.
These homemade baguettes are extremely easy to make, and the De Buyer baguette pan makes them come out flawlessly. I appreciate the nonstick pan so you don’t have to worry about them getting stuck!
We’ve made them a few times now and served them with butter, olive oil, or even cheese. These come out perfectly crispy.
You can pick up your De Buyer Baguette Pan here and see more recipes here.
Questions for you:
Have you ever made a homemade baguette?
What is your favorite type of bread?
This looks delicious. I just love baguettes. I will have to make this with dinner!
Yes! Your family would love them Amber!
I bake a lot of bread but haven’t tried a baguette yet. I want to buy myself that baguette pan!!
Yes!! Let me know if you do Joline, it’s a lot easier than I thought it would be.
I’m a huge fan of bread, I cant’ wait to try this recipe.
Me too! Let me know if you do!
I’ve never made my own baguettes, but I can only imagine how nice it is to have fresh homemade bread! I would love to try this at home.
Yes! It’s actually a lot easier and more enjoyable than I anticipated.
It never crossed my mind to bake Baguette, though it sounds so easy. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
that’s how I feel Richelle! We recently moved 20 miles from anything so the thought of driving 40 minutes + round trip does not appeal to me. Trying new recipes does!
I love baguettes! I’ve never seen those pans before. Seems pretty easy to make!
Yes, they are new to me too! I had no idea how simple baguettes could be!
I’m going to have to give this a try. My oldest loves having baguettes. I’m sure she’d really enjoy this.
Let me know if you do! It’s so much fun and so easy!
I have not tried making bread. However, your recipe looks so easy to follow. I will try my best to make these baguettes. The baguette pans are a new “must have” bake essentials
This baguette pan sounds so awesome. I love that you were able to make a custom bread with it.
Yes, it makes it so easy!
Seems that now making baguette at home is much easier with it!
I would love to get one of these as I need to make sourdough baguette.
Oh a sourdough baguette sounds awesome!
I don’t have favorite bread but baguette is high up there amongst the top five
I have never tried making baguette before. I’d like to. And that is a cool pan.
I love baguettes, especially having mango marmalade, cream cheese or just plain butter. And I love that molder, hope to find the same stuff here.
Looks very nice. 👍 A nice bread do much to a meal.
De Buyer is really a good brand. Although I have problems with there coal steel frying pans because of the climate.
Comments are closed.