A couple of weeks ago, I found myself looking for an easy oven baked lamb rack recipe. I saw racks of lamb were “on-sale” at our local grocery store. They said they were on sale, and I believed them. Were they really? Who knows.
Anyway, I was looking for an easy oven baked lamb rack recipe. I actually had no idea lamb was so easy and fast to cook. It has quickly become an easy dinner staple of mine. I thought I was only a fan of lamb chops, but racks of lamb are just as good. They are, however, slightly more work since the bones are much smaller.
With recipe blogging, I’ve quickly learned that you need to write a story for SEO for your recipes to be seen. The readers don’t care about why you are making the recipe; they want a recipe.
BUT if you found this recipe, it’s probably because my random story about an easy oven baked lamb rack recipe was enough text to get me ranked in google results. So it’s a catch 22 of a random extra story of why I have an easy oven baked lamb rack recipe that you probably won’t read. Like my college papers that needed word counts, it’s just filler so enjoy. Honesty is the best policy, right?
Why make this easy oven baked lamb rack recipe?
- Do you want a quick, easy dinner that takes less than 45 minutes to make?
- Do you want to appear fancier than you are? Why does rack of anything sound fancy?
- Are you looking for a different meal other than the regular chicken, steak, or seafood?
- Is lamb on sale at your local grocery store, so you just decided to buy it without knowing how to cook lamb? (oh, just me?)
If you answered yes, this easy oven baked lamb recipe is for you. Even if you didn’t and are looking for an easy recipe, this one is nearly foolproof.
easy oven baked lamb recipe
- 2 lbs Lamb Rack
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate Lamb Rack: Rub lamb with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place in a sealed container and allow to marinate overnight.
- Remove lamb from the fridge roughly 90 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut lamb rack between the bones. This allows them to cook faster.
- Roast lamb for 12 to 18 minutes depending on the degree of doneness you want.
- After done, remove and allow to rest for roughly 5 minutes.
Easy Oven Baked Lamb Rack Recipe Thoughts:
- Internal temp: The USDA recommends cooking lamb to 145 degrees F, which will result in medium-well doneness.
- You don’t need to cut the rack of lamb up, but it will cook faster if you do so. I’ve seen others also wrap in foil which can expedite the cooking.
- Lamb is actually not too different from beef. Lamb always intimated me, but beef whatever. They aren’t really all of that different, so you don’t need to be intimidated either! All of my recipes are easy and simple, so if I can do them…so can you!
- Another easy oven baked lamb rack recipe I’m looking to try this one. Pesto lamb sounds tasty!
You can see more recipes here.
Questions for you:
Have you ever cooked lamb before?
Do you prefer lamb chops or a rack of lamb?