Life After College
Last week I wrote a post about a lesson I learned post college. In typical LOLZ fashion, I always have more to say. I learned a lot of other things post college too. Since I like to keep it short and most students have actually started college, I decided to limit myself to five things.
1. While you can still wear leggings and sweats outside of your house post college, you will probably be carded for lottery tickets…it’s probably time to sell those baggy butt sweats on eBay.
2. Kids these days! I find myself saying “back in my day” and I “I remember college…”. Well back in my day those young whipper snappers didn’t wear those bare midriff tops to class and hooker heels. High schoolers wearing open back prom dresses like it’s no big deal. DadLOLZ still doesn’t approve when I leave the house with too much makeup. I find myself so judgmental and the youth and their crazy outfits. Kesha wasn’t joking when she sings the song Crazy Kids. Except I think Kesha is my age.
3. 9pm bedtime…living in a judge free zone. No one cares if you say, well kids it’s 9pm and my old lady senses are tingling. Time for bed. This is actually my favorite part about being out of college.
4. Similarly I wake up earlier than I did in college (and enjoy it). The morning and stillness is a beautiful thing.
5. I often miss the structure of having classes and things to do. Although at the same time, I don’t mind coming home and not having to work. I think I have more free time than college (and in colelge I had more free time than high school).
Questions for you:
What is one thing you’ve learned post college?
If you are in college now, what do you enjoy the most?
I enjoyed seeing my friends everyday. Is that not like the most typical school kid answer ever?