I appreciate a good pancake. Living in New Jersey, home of blueberries, means house of the blueberry pancakes? Right? Blueberry pancakes (or any fruit) or typically easy because most people have blueberries, strawberries, or some fruit in their home. You don’t have to go to 12 grocery stores looking for an ingredient.
As a runner, I like easy, fast, and simple recipes. When I’m done with a run, I want food immediately. That’s why I gravitate towards pancakes. Pancakes are easy and quick.
Blueberry Pancake Recipe:
Stemming from my original basic pancake recipe, these blueberries pancakes are yet another hit when I’m craving pancakes. Let’s be honest here as children my parents didn’t say “Hey Hollie do you want this paleo protein almond flour with a hint of coconut zest and salmon pancake.” They said “Hey Hollie, want pancakes…we have blueberries.”
Blueberry Pancake Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sweetener (sugar or an equal cup for cup artificial)
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries)
Maple syrup and melted butter
Blueberry Pancakes Directions:
- Combine dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add liquid until the desired consistency of the blueberry pancakes is achieved.
- Add a cup of batter to griddle.
- Add blueberries onto the top of the pancake batter and cook on medium to high heat (I use 350 degrees)
- Wait until blueberry pancakes begin bubbling and flip.
- Once the blueberry pancakes have cooked evenly on both sides and are super fluffy pancakes and golden brown, serve.
Blueberry pancakes are always a hit no matter the age.
Question for you: What was your favorite pancake as a child?