Easy Prime Rib Roast Recipe
I never expected to post an easy prime rib roast recipe, but I’ve been taking the time to learn how to cook and even bake more over the last couple of months. I am the first to admit; I probably started at close to the bottom of people that can cook. Cooking never came easy to me, but it’s been fun to learn a new skill. Plus, I’ve surprised myself like when I baked a red velvet cake.
Are You Becoming a “Foodie”?
I doubt this will become a “foodie blog,” but I plan to share a recipe once in a while of something I am enjoying. I’m currently working on taking better photos with is a process in itself.
I always wanted to cook a prime rib. Honestly, I had no idea how or even why I wanted to. Before a couple of weeks ago, I didn’t even know there was a difference between prime rib and rib roast.
What is the difference between prime rib and rib roast?
Both prime rib and rib roast come from the same primal cut of beer. Prime Rib is also known as standing rib, and to be considered “prime,” the steak must be cut before the roast is cooked. In short, prime rib is a higher quality (and more expensive) version of the rib roast.
So with that, I give you…
Easy Crockpot Prime Rib
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 lbs prime rib
Crock Pot Prime Rib Directions
- Combine Liquid Ingredients: Add the red wine and beef stock to the crockpot.
- Add the Veggies: Add the carrots, onion, and celery. You can add potatoes too, which I've done with other crockpot recipes. Make sure to add evenly.
- Season the Meat: Rub the olive oil over the meat and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Place Meat (Fat side towards vegetables) in the Pot.
- Turn on the low setting and cook until the inner temperature is 135 for medium-rare. With a prime rib between 4-5 pounds, this will take between 4-5 hours.
- After the prime rib has an inner temperature of 135, it cooks for one additional hour.
Then you are done. One thing I like about this way prime rib roast recipe is that the extra liquid can be served as a topping for the prime rib. In all, I am extremely happy with this easy prime rib roast recipe came out. I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was. I’ve had my eyes on cooking this prime rib roast next.
You can see more recipes I’ve done here.
Keep in mind; I prefer the most simple and easy to please.
Questions for you:
Have you cooked prime rib roast before?
What is a holiday meal you like?