Happy Fourth of July to you…some people might be grilling; some lifeguards might be working…there is probably some fourth of July road race in your area (or maybe Patriotic aerobics…)
As for me, I’m doing a road race and traveling.
Living the dream.
I always thought it would be cool to make a Fourth of July Patriotic Waffle. I’ve made other interesting waffles…I didn’t have any criteria for it, just that the Patriotic Waffle should be red, white and blue. I even brainstormed of various red, white and blue foods I could use. White ended up being hardest, but yogurt made that easy.
Patriotic Waffle Ingredients (i.e., Blueberry Pomegranate Waffle):
2/3 cup flour (all-purpose flour, wheat flour…)
¾ cup pomegranate juice (other red ideas included: cranberry, strawberry, and cherry)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
Patriotic Waffle Recipe:
- Preheat and heat up your waffle maker
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients (including pomegranate juice) together and mix in a separate mixing medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour waffle batter into your hot waffle iron and cook until golden red.
- After cooked, put on a plate and add a layer of melted butter, maple syrup, and greek yogurt.
So yes, if you wanted to impress your friends with a patriotic waffle (or pancakes) then you should go this route. Impress your friends with a 4th of July, American Flag waffles, Patriotic Waffle!
If you want to go a slightly more fun route for your Patriotic Waffles add whipped cream.
Question for you:
Have you ever made a Patriotic waffle? How was your Fourth of July?