I wrote a lovely race blog and once again didn’t save it…so you know how that goes. Sometimes I question my own intelligence.
One of new found running besties, Sam, always run recaps by her thoughts during the run. I found it absolutely hilarious every single time I read (erg stalk) her blog so I thought I would something similar.
Incase we aren’t DM besties, here is what went down before the actual race:
I woke up at 4:55 (before my alarm) and decided I would get up (rather than sleep an extra whopping ten minutes). I made coffee (um comparable to gas station coffee..I might be able to save a few dollars this way 😉) and then was off with daddykins at 5:23 as we had decided because 5:20 was too early and 5:25 too late.
At the race, I found out my ipod had deleted every single song on my IPOD. Every.Single.Song. So I had no music to get jazzed up. It was extremely annoying first of all because getting to race only to find your Ipod is dead.
No matter, I was in limbo about running with it anyways so this didn’t give me too much of a choice. I lined up in corral one (I have never done a race with carrols) and before I knew it, it was time to go.
Here are some passing thoughts I had during the 1:37 minutes I was running.
1. Ah, we are starting, I guess I should move my legs and start zee watch.
2. Sir, why are you breathing so hard next to me, this is not okay. Do you know I’m an extreme claustrophobe! (True story, it is extremely hard for me at the beginning of races).
3. Go your mom! (I literally said that to some little kids holding a go mommy sign).
4. Mile 1 at 6:40, holy crap, I’m going to die, what am I doing. I am retarded, this isn’t how I run. I nearly had a panic attack here because I don’t take my runs out fast EVER.
5. Okay well I could have maintained this, but there is effing gravel. Who the heck designs a race on gravel? What. I’ll just run on this grass, so there, take that.
6. Mile 2: 14:02 on uneven terrain, I hope I don’t keep adding that much time.
7. OH DEAR GOD. I um love hills.
8. I thought this was flat, that must have been the only hill.
9. Oh no these babies are rolling.
10. Miles 3-6 were decently thoughtless.
11. Oh my, only a minute off my 10k pr. This will be lovely for next week.
12. Oh man here comes the leader going the other way… So that is how Kevin must feel when he won his cheese hat. (I was at about mile 6.5 and he was just approaching mile 9).
13. Where are the ladies? Oh man there aren’t too many people in front of me, I guess we are all in pain. I need to stop complaining, I’m having a great time.
14. Mile 9 oh hii dad. Go daddykins.
15. Omg there is a woman trying to high five me, oh wait, no that is Alyssa. I still want to meet you! Hi Alyssaaa.
16. Wow all these people are so supportive. Maybe I should change my name to 162. They must know I am about to vom.com.
17. Excuse me sir, I am not 15 don’t play with me. (Some man said his 15 year old son is interested in athletic girls…who thinks of that while running?). I would like to think I at least look out of high school.
18. We have to run up an overpass? Is this a joke?
19. No pain no gain, you’re getting tanner, waffle at the top…many thoughts up this hill.
20. Mile 12, the first woman just finished (you could hear the stadium announcer). I’m so close.
21. The stadium yesssss.
22. I hate tracks and this reminds me of my middle school days of failing the mile.
23. Take that middle school teachers, success.
And then I immediately ran to the bathroom, grabbed 1000 donuts and chocolate milk and cheered for daddykins.
It was an awesome race and I had a great time. The hills were certainly not something I was expecting but I enjoyed the course either way. If I hadn’t of known it was the first year, you couldn’t tell. I’m extremely happy with my results of 1:36.56 and 9th female overall (68 overall in the race). The winner won in 1:09.
Question for you:
1. Tell me some hilarious thoughts you have had while racing.