When I saw the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight in bright yellow, I knew I needed it. I love bright colors, and I was a huge fan. I’m not a stranger to Janji and have written a few things, including Janji Apparel Review and the Janji Spring 2022 Collection Review.
About the Brand Janji:
Janji gives 2% of proceeds from every purchase to support clean water projects in countries that inspire each of their seasonal collections. You can learn more about the Janji promise here.
As many people know, sustainability is important to me, and I’ve been focused on purchasing more from sustainable brands. Janji does just that! Janji has the motto “P.F.M.,” which means Perpetual Forward Motion. It reminds us that as we continue, one step before the next, they focus on building a better company and industry.
Janji focuses on not using virgin plastics but also apparel that can be worn longer and does not need to be replaced as often!
A few sustainable practices Janji uses:
- All Janji clothing is Bluesign® and OEKO-TEX® certified.
- Recycled: In Fall 2020, 1/3rd of the fabric is made from most recycled polyester. In 2021, they focused on changing most of the Transit tech fabric to recycled polyester.
- Better Cotton: In Spring 2021, Janji cotton is now GOTS certified. They are also transitioning into US-grown, premium Supima® cotton for a more resilient and longer-lasting material.
- Better Synthetics
- Durable Nylon
- Natural Fibers
- Reducing Water
As you can see, Janji is doing some of the best work for the sustainability practices of any running brand!
Sustainability is fantastic, but is Janji gear *suitable for running*? Like most runners, I want to support sustainable practices, but I also don’t want to spend runs being miserable because I’m chafing!
About the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight:
- Breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that provides light compression
- Nylon stretches with you and retains its shape while also resisting odors
- The ergonomic waistband design contours the hips for optimal comfort in stride. The power mesh lining offers secure support.
- Infinity drawcord: This is genius! It means it won’t get lost in the wash!
- Deep pockets that can fit gels and phones.
- Internal Waistband Pocket to store cards, cash, or keys
- Back Pocket
- Ergonomic length: The ⅞ length hits just above the ankles and allows for high-output movement.
- Laser Cut Hem
- Stay Seen: The Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight is bright! You can’t be missed.
My Experience with the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight:
Immediately, I love the color. You can’t get much more optimistic. Together with Newton Gravity +, they create one of the brightest color combinations.
Fit: I usually wear a small bottom, and the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight fits true to size. I’m 5’8 and 135 pounds.
- Groundwork Knit: 68% nylon, 32% spandex
- Power mesh lining: 100% polyester
With how light and bright the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight is, I was concerned with how see-through they would be. Luckily, they aren’t; you don’t have to worry about that.
Regarding running, I’ve used the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight to work out with both fast and easy runs, and they stay put. I like that they are warm, but not overly warm. You don’t need to worry about them causing you to overheat. Plus, they are comfortable for spring or even summer days.
My favorite feature is how deep the pockets are. You can genuinely store your phone, gels, and anything else. Unlike other brands’ side pockets, you don’t have to worry about things falling out.
I also wear them for just lounging around, and they are super comfortable for that too.
The Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight aren’t cheap, but they are high quality and worth it.
Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight Conclusion:
I’m a big fan of the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight. It’s fun and comfortable, and you can wear it for several things including running, any workout or just lounging. I have not found a tight that holds my cell phone better than this one.
Questions for you:
Have you tried the Janji 7/8 Groundwork Tight?
What is your favorite legging?