Recently I wanted to make a peanut flour muffin recipe. I was looking online and couldn’t find something that was easy and tasted good. I went through a few recipes, and nothing really tasted good to me. Both my spouse and I are on the go often and always looking for quick, easy snacks to have. As most people know, prepackaged snacks aren’t always healthy, but they are also usually expensive. Who doesn’t love saving money by baking?
Some of the biggest problems I found with other peanut flour muffin recipes was they took forever to make, used complicated and just weird ingredients, or the recipes themselves were complicated. Muffins aren’t complicated to make, so why were all of the peanut flour muffin recipes?
The one thing I’ve found about making muffins using peanut flour is they are thicker. Peanut Flour itself is a fairly thick flour, so these will come out thicker and more dense than the average muffin.
Why make a peanut four muffin recipe?
- Do you like peanut butter?
- Do you want a healthier muffin recipe that can be used as a snack or a quick treat?
- Are you trying to save money by not buying as many snacks at the grocery store (ok, this might be a personal problem)?
- Are you just feeling like making a peanut flour muffin recipe?
These are all great reasons!
I think that is enough SEO storytime about an easy peanut flour muffin recipe. Because you know, food blogging is all about SEO stories!
I don’t have that many stories about peanut flour muffins; I just know I like them and wanted to experiment with an easy recipe.
Peanut Flour Muffin Recipe:
Peanut Flour Muffin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, sift together peanut flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. A
- In a separate large bowl, mix eggs, melted peanut butter, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing until fairly smooth.
- Put liners into a standard 12 muffin baking tin. Fill each muffin with 3/4s batter.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Peanut Flour Muffin Recipe Thoughts:
- I use the brand PBfit, but any peanut flour brand should work.
- You can add more or less sugar. I’ve also substituted confectures sugar and like the taste of this too.
- The peanut flour muffin recipe batter will be thick. They won’t be like “regular light and fluffy muffins.”
- The muffins will also be denser than regular muffins.
- The first time I cooked with peanut flour, I was surprised that it didn’t rise as “big” as regular muffins. They still make great snacks.
- You can also substitute Truvia baking blends. Follow directions for subs on your choice, and it should come out very similar.
- You can also freeze them and take them for snacks later in the week.
- I’ve topped it with more peanut butter and jelly, making for a fun recipe.
I can’t wait to try new peanut flour recipes. Several years ago, I made peanut flour pancakes, and I’ll probably attempt those again. Who knows, ten years later, maybe I’m older and wiser…maybe.
You can see more recipes here.
Questions for you:
Have you tried peanut flour before?
What is your favorite type of muffin?