I used to think ribs were a grilling only type of recipe. Then I discovered an easy oven-baked rib recipe and found out how easy they were to make. Now they are a staple recipe for me when I want ribs.
Most of the cooking ribs is just waiting. They don’t require a lot of watching, and you spend most of the time cooking them “low and slow.”
I’m by no means an expert cook, grill master, or anything of that nature, but I found them incredibly easy to make. They are one of our monthly staples in the house. If you asked in 2020 would be making an easy oven-baked ribs recipe once a month, I would have laughed, but new year new me. I guess.
With recipe blogging, I’ve quickly learned that you need to write a story for SEO for your recipes to be seen. The readers don’t care about why you are making the recipe; they want a recipe.
BUT if you found this recipe, it’s probably because my random story about easy oven baked ribs was enough text to get me ranked in google results. So it’s a catch 22 of a random extra story of why I have made oven-baked ribs that you probably won’t read. Like my college papers that needed word counts, it’s just filler so enjoy.
Let’s see why did I make these Easy Oven-Baked Ribs?
- I was tired of my same 5 staples of chicken, salmon, steak, and shrimp.
- I like easy recipes with minimal effort that taste good.
- I also like when my house smells like ribs (JK, but you’ll probably get hungry just smelling them and waiting)
- They taste better than a crockpot. I know many people think crockpot ribs taste great, but I struggle with fitting 2 racks of ribs into a crockpot. The oven is just easier.
Easy Oven Baked Ribs Recipe:
Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- 2 lbs Ribs
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce (extra for serving)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250.
- Remove the Membrane. This ensures your ribs fall off the bone.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil.
- Bake ribs at 250 degrees F for 3 to 4 hours. You want them to be tender.
- Brush on BBQ sauce and broil the ribs for about 5 minutes until the sauce is caramelized.
Easy Oven Baked Ribs Notes:
- Remove the Membrane: Removing the membrane makes the ribs more tender. The first time I did not, and they were drier. I found this helpful for how to remove the membrane.
- All you need is time. It can be easy to rush the process, but the higher you cook, the less likely these easy oven-baked ribs will fall off the bone.
- You don’t need a lot of BBQ Sauce to Caramelize: Your ribs don’t need to be swimming in BBQ Sauce in this recipe. You want to coat them.
- You can make your own BBQ Sauce, but I’ve been in a J Hughs BBQ phase. It works well with this easy oven baked ribs recipe.
You can see more recipes here but keep in mind; I am an easy to please type of person. I find all of my recipes from Pinterest and I don’t enjoy spending hours in the kitchen.
Questions for you:
Do you like ribs? Have you ever baked ribs in the oven?
What is one of your staple dinners?