Friday Five: Unlucky Pi
This week has two functional events:
Friday the 13th and tomorrow is Pi Day
Today is Friday the 13th! Again! I graduated high school on Friday the 13th and I was about 10 minutes from being born on Friday the 13th…dad always tells me that my punishment for getting out too quick (and being born Thursday the 12th) is that I’m still unlucky.
Here are Five Relevant and Interesting Articles for Friday the 13th:
- 13 Facts about Friday the 13th (November is the next month we have one!)
- Why is Friday the 13th so unlucky?
- Two Straight Months with Friday the 13th
- Random but what did you do on February 13th? I remember that I was nearly late to work because my car slid on ice. I guess that isn’t something to be remembered….no harm done.
- 13 (More) Facts About Friday the 13th (It’s unclear why it’s feared…yet it is. I needed an article to tell me that one).
- Here is a photo from my high school graduation on Friday June 13th.
Anyways, moving on. Friday the 13th is unlucky (so stay safe)…
But…Tomorrow is one of my favorite March Holidays…
Also because it’s 2015…at 9:26 am…it’s some magical time since all the numbers line up. Many, many moons ago I was a math major in college…so math has a special day in my heart. I took a lot of math courses in college (I was a math major for a while and decided to go into public health. Long story short, math and pi day always has a special day in my heart!)
The funny this is, however, I don’t like pie. (Hashtag #Cake4Life). I do like Pi though!
Here are Five Relevant Articles to Pie Day:
Here are some interesting Pi day facts to get your knowledge on:
- The Pi website
- Facts and LOLZ: “What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o’-lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin pi!”
- Everything and Anything Pi
- Wiki How: To Celebrate Pi Day (this is hilarious)
- And because we know I love my memes:
Since my blog generally has nothing to do with pie (but something to do with being unlucky) here are some updates from my personal life.
- Wedding planning has got me swamped. We have less than a month to go and it terrifies, overwhelms me and excites me.
- My butt is a pain in the butt. I have a post coming out on Sunday about my leg, hip and butt. We have isolated the problem (somewhat) but there is a lot going on in my left leg.
- Make you work, make you work. I am working a lot. I am busy, with my job…blogging is not my job. I love you guys but I also love my job. It’s like a 10 hour black hole of minimum internets.
- My facebook page only needs 17 more likes to get to 800. I’m not sure what 800 does for me, but please help me out!
- I’ve begun to Spring clean a bit when I have the time. I have a lot of unused running gear, cool things and whatever else. Some stuff I bought before trying it on and it doesn’t fit, etc. I’ve debated doing a massive give away on the blog to people that will use it…or I’ll donate it to Goodwill.
Questions for you:
How will you celebrate Pi day?
What are your plans this weekend?