Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes
When I was a child, my mom made a mean chocolate zucchini bread. Lately, I’ve been turning all of my favorite childhood food memories into pancakes in waffles. That’s how the chocolate zucchini pancake was born. Plus sneaking in a few extra zucchini to chocolate zucchini pancakes seems like a win for everyone. Plus it’s a great idea if you are looking for a healthy, gluten-free pancake. Heck, you don’t even have to feel guilty eating them after 12 pm.
Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour (all-purpose flour or wheat flour)
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
Sweetener to taste
½ cup shredded zucchini
¾ cup milk (regular milk, almond milk, all work well)
Chocolate Zucchini Pancake Recipe:
- Preheat griddle.
- Mix all chocolate zucchini pancake dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients together and mix in a separate mixing medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour chocolate zucchini pancake batter onto griddle and cook on medium heat.
- Wait until bubbles form on the chocolate zucchini pancakes and flip and cook other side.
- Once you have fluffy pancakes, remove.
- Put your chocolate zucchini pancakes on a plate and add a layer of melted butter, maple syrup, greek yogurt, coconut oil, more zucchini and chocolate chips, or whatever you want.
Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes are easy as that and you can be healthy too.
Question for you: What is your favorite way to “hide” vegetables? Is it chocolate zucchini pancakes?