I admit that I’ve made oatmeal pancakes before, but the cold weather makes me crave oatmeal sometimes. That being said, I doubt the one person that followed my blog during my oatmeal pancake phase will remember…That and I’ve come along way in pancake perfection since then so I can always find something to tweak.
I’m not much of a bowl of oats/oatmeal (well actually I’m not at all) girl, but I do enjoy a nice oatmeal pancake now and again. But seeing as I’m currently in VA Beach and leaving for Texas today…I don’t think cold weather is my issue and I have no problem with that.
I love this pancake recipe for oatmeal pancakes because it’s easy and straightforward.
Oatmeal pancakes Ingredients:
½ cup cooked oatmeal (you can use instant oats, rolled oats, oat flour)
1/4 cup yogurt (I chose greek yogurt) (I’ve also done with this cottage cheese and it’s good as well)
2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
Sweetener to taste (I used ¼ cup stevia and a splash of vanilla extract)
About ½ cup additional milk (you can substitute water, regular milk, almond milk)
Oatmeal Pancakes Directions:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients (including yogurt) together and mix in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add oatmeal and dry ingredients to the wet oatmeal pancakes ingredients.
- Cook oatmeal pancakes on medium high heat until bubbles form.
- Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with toppings of choice including maple syrup, chocolate chips, or whipped cream.
I know I might be in the minority, but I would much rather eat oatmeal pancakes then a bowl of oatmeal!
Question for you: How do you eat your oatmeal?