Half Marathon Recap

I’m spending the entire night catching up on blog reading versus homework.  I did all my homework on Friday night because I’m a lam0 and because I knew there was no way I’d be able to focus on school after my

Half Marathon!

To give you guys a little play-be-play, the race started at 8am.  I was having a nervous breakdown at 6:am.  I got no REM sleep the last two nights because I was so nervous…ha.

Why was I overly nervous?  I’m not too sure because I told myself I was treating it as a long run anyways. 

It was overly chilly today, more so then the previous two weeks.  I believe it was just above freezing and beautiful pouring rain and wind gusts up to 40 miles per hour when the run went off this morning.  The weather got a little bit better during the race-either that or I got extremely warm. 

Omgeez! Just what I want to see at 6:00 race day. Beautiful weather.

I am deathly afraid of two things in races: one that I will get hypothermia (once you get it once-you are forever afraid) and two that I become dehydrated and become more crazy.    So that is why I was layered with seriously four layers of things.  I had my leggings, my underarmour long sleeve, my favorite nike jacket, and my burton hat and gloves.

I wanted to clarify from yesterday-the leggings were just for lounging in the car, I do not wear leggings and spandex.  That screams some sort of painful chaffing while running

Baby Newton love<3

Why yes, I wear my spandex that high.

I had to delayer my hat around mile 4 and I was almost afraid I had lost it, but none of my 1000 racing BFFS took it so I was able to drive by and snatch it on the way out.  It was a scary feeling-the Quiznos people would never recognize me without my hat.

I never once felt tired in my race and felt like I had a few more miles in me which is exactly what I wanted.  I wanted to treat this as a long run and be able to really be ready for my half marathon in Rochester May 1st.  My final time was 1:41.57 which put me at 99/1000 people.  Like I said-I’m fully proud of this time and ran probably at 75% max effort-this was all about testing out the water and my heels.

I think the greatest accomplishment for me was not having to use the restroom for two solid hours.  When you drink over 2 gallons of water everyday-that is really a big deal. 

I even got a massage afterwards.  It was seriously amazing.  And once the website puts up my photos, I may be inclined to post some-I mean I know I probably looked pretty attractive and it’s what makes the boys holla- the sweaty, grimey beautiful expressions that I make.

A big thank you to all of you for supporting me.  You are all invited to my house for a pancake party celebration.  If someone brings pam we can make waffles too but apparently because apparently I’m out ha. 


Here are some photos because they are more fun.

Sara runs in Vibrams. I nicknamed hers the pink V's
She was also able to braid and tame my hair.
I was aiming to be the front runner obviously. I don't know why I find it attractive to stick out my pelvis like that ha.
half marathon finishers


Question for you:

Tell me about your weekend.