This post is sponsored by Babbleboxx. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
To kick off 2023, my friends over at BabbleBoxx sent me a fun box of products to review. I’ve reviewed other boxes from Babbleboxx so I was excited to see what’s in this one.
I’m a huge fan of changing the calendar and the following year. While, yes, nothing drastic happens, and you can start goals anytime, I love the fresh start of a new year. My goal for 2023 is consistency and looking after myself, whether that means working out, sleeping more, or avoiding sickness!
I was lucky enough to try a few items from Babblebox.
So what’s inside?
Erin Williams founded Erin’s Faces in 2011. She focuses on conscious clean beauty and aims to empower, educate, and include women of all sizes and shades.
Erin’s Faces creates organic skincare, body care & makeup.
About the Tamanu Balm Barrier Salve:
Truthfully, I didn’t even know what Balm Barrier Salve was! If you are looking for a swap for your petroleum-based
jelly/ointment is a great option. It’s ideal for bug bites, eczema, burns, baby bottoms, dry hands/knuckles,
and new tattoos. It is made with organic ingredients and is great for the whole family.
Made with three ingredients:
- ORGANIC TAMANU OIL: Designed to heal wounds determined to be a wound healer)
- ORGANIC SAFFLOWER SEED OIL: antioxidants
- LOCALLY SOURCED BEESWAX: moisture-rich barrier
How can Tamanu Balm Barrier Salve help runners? I’ve found it’s been perfect for post-run chafing because it helps soothe rough skin. I appreciate that I feel a lot better when I don’t have chafing.
HUM Nutrition is a wellness brand that aims to help everyone feel their best. They have clinically proven supplements for skin, body, hair, and mood. RD Nutritionists formulate the Vitamins with clean ingredients you can trust. Each formula is non-GMO, gluten-free, verified by interpretant labs for potency, triple-tested for purity, and does not contain artificial sweeteners or colors.
About Flatter Me:
Flatter me is a blend of 18 full-spectrum digestive enzymes to help break down food for better digestion and reduce bloating.
The ginger and peppermint leaves support healthy digestion, whereas the fennel seeds help soothe digestive issues and support nutrition absorption.
You can use the code BABBLE30 for 30% with a $29 minimum from January 2nd 2023-February 22, 2023.
I was already a huge fan of Ultima, so I was excited to see they were included. I’ve written a previous review of Ultima here.
Ultima is there to support you on your health and wellness journey nowhere, whatever stage you start. They keep you hydrated with electrolytes, trace minerals, no sugar, and no junk. They obsess over the ingredients and haven’t stopped until they find the optimal hydration formula.
They are plant-based flavors and colors with no artificial sweeteners or sugar.
About the Ultima Replenisher Sampler 6 Pack:
- Cherry Pomegranate
- Coconut Pina Colada
What makes Ultima different?
- Sugar-Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- No artificial sweeteners
- 6 electrolytes + trace minerals
- Vitamin C + Zinc
I find myself reaching for Ultima often throughout the desert. As a runner, you need electrolytes, even in the winter. I appreciate Ultima has no sugar because you don’t need that throughout the day. It isn’t too sweet!
You can use BABBLE20 for 20% off (expires 1/31/2023).
BioSil was founded in 1994 and is manufactured by Bio Minerals NV. A medical microbiology professor at the University of Antwerp created BioSil’s active ingredient. Their mission is to support and protects your body’s natural process of human physiology. They continuously support the gold standard clinical research.
About BioSil Liquid Capsules:
- BioSil’s ch-OSA® is the only clinically proven supplement that generates and protects your collagen, elastin, and keratin, backed by over 25 years and $20 million of research.
- These three proteins: collagen, elastin, and keratin, help your hair, skin, and nails. They keep it
all growing, glowing, and strong. Healthy collagen metabolism is also critical for the proper functioning of bones and joints. (And we know that bones and joints are essential for running).
- Did you know collagen starts to decline at approximately the age of 21.? Healthy collagen
metabolism is also critical for good bones and joint functioning.
- Vegan friendly.
- It’s essential to note BioSil doesn’t contain collagen; it helps encourage your body to generate and protect its own.
- BioSil Creates a Strong Collagen Matrix. BioSil is clinically proven to increase body collagen and create a strong multi-directional collagen matrix. In double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trials, BioSil reduced fine lines and wrinkles by 30.0%‡, increased skin elasticity by 89.0%‡, increased hair thickness by 12.8%, strengthened hair by 13.1%, and dramatically strengthened nails‡.†
- BioSil is available in 3 forms:
- Liquid Drops: cost-effective and flexible dosing option
- original: The best sellers! Two-piece, vegan capsules contain plant fiber beadlets with micro-droplets of liquid Biosil
- Vegan capsules: Less than 1/2 the size of original tablets and contain BioSil in its new form. These capsules are less than 1⁄2 the size of our original tablets and clearly.
What are collagen, elastin, and keratin?
I’ve written several posts about collagen and how supplementing has worked for me. But, I was curious how the BioSil would help create more collagen.
- Collagen is a robust and flexible protein. It makes up 75% of our skin, but starting at age 21, our collagen levels diminish at 1% a year. Smooth, healthy skin contains a finely woven matrix of collagen proteins, and increased collagen levels noticeably reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Elastin is a stretchy, versatile protein that allows your skin, blood vessels, and joints to move and ‘snap back’ without damage. Elastin is what makes skin look tight, youthful & firm. Low levels lead to thinner, dryer, and more loose or lax skin.
- Keratin is the protein that makes up 97% of your hair and nails. It gives your hair and nails strength and structure and protects them against damage. Keratin is the protein that makes up 97% of your hair and nails.
In summary, when Biosil increases your collagen levels, your hair roots and nailbeds can produce more keratin—as a result, making more robust, thicker, healthier nails and hair.
PlaneAire was founded in 2018 when Deborah Lu Lynch traveled around the globe. She kept thinking about all of the germs in airports and planes. She began creating products with essential oils. Her insight on exposure sparked the creation of PlaneAire!
In 2020, during the pandemic, she evolved to create hand sanitizers, gels, and sprays. Today, PlaneAire is a travel brand producing plant-based products to hygienically clean surfaces, sanitize hands, and freshen the air.
About the Travel Essentials by PlaneAire:
I appreciate that Travel Essentials is packaged into a nice and accessible package. It comes with the following:
- One Clean Surface & Air Mist, six individually wrapped Clean. Surface Wipes
- one PlaneAire® Hands hand sanitizer blend.
- Spray Clean: Spray the air and surfaces around you to clean, fresh, and deodorizes.
- Wipe Clean: Featuring essential oils, inner leaf aloe vera, and other plant revived ingredients.
- Sanitize Hands: Featuring ingredients include green tea extract, soothing aloe vera, hydrating glycerin,
rich essential oils, and more.
My Experience With PlaneAire:
Especially since the pandemic, no one wants to get sick, and I’ve been much more mindful of the things I bring while out. I appreciate the smells of PlaneAire and that nothing is too strong. I’m not a huge fan of things that are too strong sense-wise. I find the PlaneAire smells good but not strong. I appreciate having them in a to-go package that can fit into my purse or bag. I can’t wait to travel with them.
You can save 15% off Travel Essentials by PlaneAire with code Fueled:
Questions for you:
Which are you most likely to try?
Do you have any goals for 2023?