Kiwi Waffle Recipe:
Last year I posted a recipe for spinach pancakes in the week before St. Patrick’s Day. This year going with the greenish theme, I went with a kiwi waffle. Kiwi Waffles don’t look as appealing as many other recipes, but how many green foods do?
I thought about just cutting them up and sticking them in the waffle, but as I was cutting it got messy, and they turned into a big pile of goo. So I did what any normal human waffle creator would do…I pureed the kiwi and added them into the batter.
Kiwi Waffle Recipe Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour
2 eggs (I needed 2 to make sure the waffle stuck together)
1 tablespoon baking powder
Sweetener to choice (I added about 2 tsp of stevia)
3 pureed kiwis (as stuck into my magic bullet)
½-1 cup water. (You can use milk of your choice including almond milk)
Kiwi Waffle Recipe Directions:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients (including pure kiwi) together and mix in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add oatmeal and dry ingredients to the wet kiwi waffle ingredients.
- Pour into waffle iron and wait until golden brown.
- Serve with toppings of choice including more kiwi puree, maple syrup, chocolate chips, or whipped cream.
Pour rest of kiwi goo on top of your waffle.
Questions for you:
1. Do you have any St. Patricks Day plans?
2. Do you like kiwis?