I was excited to try ELO Heath Protein Powder. As you probably know, like running shoes, there is no one size fits all for supplements and protein powders. It’s important to find the one that meets your needs.
While yes, it’s another protein powder, the difference with Elo Health Protein is that it’s customized. Every person’s Elo Health Protein is slightly different. Customized protein powders aren’t known, and I’ve even reviewed X.
Of course, getting the proper nutrition is ideal. In a perfect world, no one would need protein and supplements. We could get the appropriate nutrition through whole foods. However, no one’s diet is perfect, or if it is, it’s not sustainable.
What is ELO Heath?
ELO Heath is a start-up in San Francisco. Their premise is “Smart Nutrition.” They suggest you regularly test your biomarkers, and then they adapt custom supplements to your needs. It was founded in 2020 and opened its doors to the public in 2022.
What is smart nutrition?
It’s nutrition that is designed for you. Not just a trendy supplement “everyone” says is excellent. Brilliant food gathers data from the body to help create a supplement for the user. They recommend getting tested to see what is right for you.
ELO Heath uses a three pronged approach to smart nutrition:
- Personal: the user’s data determines how ELO Health will be customized to them.
- Precise: clinical-grade ingredients and doses
- Proactive: adapts and changes as we do.
What is the ELO Heath Process?
It’s an easy process to go through.
- Sign up: They are only available in the US, excluding NY.
- Complete a biomarker test: This is not necessary for the protein. It is a finger prick!
- Meet your ELO coach: Two weeks later, you’ll get an email from your ELO Health Coach. There is also the ELO Health app!
- Consume your personalized supplement as suggested.
- Test again 90 days later.
What does ELO Health measure?
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Total cholesterol
- Cholesterol/HDL ratio
- LDL/HDL ratio
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
What ingredients does ELO Heath customize?
- Active ingredients
- Form of ingredients
- Dosage of ingredients
- Interactions and synergies between ingredients
- Their Science team elected the forms of ingredients with the most research and most excellent bioavailability.
Finally, everything for ELO Heath is third-party tested for safety, purity, and dosage.
What Comes With Your ELO Health Subscription?
- Quarterly biomarker testing
- Monthly personalized nutrition products
- 24/7 coaching
- Quarterly nutrition evaluation with a dietitian
The ELO Heath subscription is $99. Which is expensive, but there are more personalized nutrition programs that are even more. For instance, the Inside tracker does a lot more but can run over $500 for a one-time test.
My Experience with ELO Heath:
I was excited to try a custom protein for myself. But also, what made it special? Were they saying it’s custom? I am always suspicious of companies that make you sign up before you can go through their whole process. I signed up for ELO Heath and then linked my subscription to their ELO Health app.
After answering all the questions, I waited a few days, and mu ELO Heath Protein was already there. Huzzah. Anytime anything is delivered to my door faster than a week in the Mojave Desert; it wins points with me (it takes amazon 10 days right now to get here, and I have Amazon prime…I digress).
The packaging of ELO Heath Protein makes it believable. It is labeled Hollie’s Protein,” so I know they at least made a customizable label. It was then marked with hand mixed by “CR.” Neat. It also says what my ELO Heath contains, including total carbohydrates, probiotics, collagen, electrolytes, and college.
I opted for the vanilla flavor and pea protein. Between their choices of whey and pea protein, pea protein usually sits in my stomach better.
Taste: The ELO Heath Protein does taste good. I mix mine with some almond milk and occasionally a banana and peanut butter. I enjoy consuming the ELO Heath Protein instead of many protein powders I can barely drink because they taste so chalky. I’ve also mixed it with just water, and it’s tastes good too.
ELO Heath Protein Conclusion:
In all, I’m a big fan of the ELO Heath Protein. I like what they do and how they are customized to your needs. Like running shoes, there is no one size fits on with supplements so it’s important to find something that meets your needs.
Pros of ELO Heath Protein:
- Tailored to your needs.
- Delivered to your door: This is nice because traveling into town (40 miles one way) is not ideal for me.
- Great packaging.
- Backed by science and third-party tested
Cons of ELO Heath Protein:
- Expensive. This is a big commitment!
You can purchase ELO Heath Protein here and see all gear reviews here.
Questions for you:
Have you tried ELO Heath Protein?
What is your favorite protein powder?