Food de Hollie
After my WIAW rage, (ha) I got a few emails about what I stock at my house to cook. I can assure you some of it is probably weird, some is strange I guess not all of it so whatever.
1. Greek yogurt
I like to hoard the containers like no big deal…
2. Peanut flour (I have at least 1 serving daily normally…my “odd food”)
3. Eggs (I go through a dozen eggs once a week)
4. Liquid egg whites
5. Sugar Free syrup (for waffles/pancakes)
6. Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder (once you try this stuff you’ll never go back)
7. Stevia and truvia (depending on my mood)
8. Peanut butter
10. skim milk
Lunch foods: (While I normally have lunch on campus, I occasionally pack my lunch)
Which is normally a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a greek yogurt. Well actually it’s two because I have one at 11 and one at 2.
1. Lots of frozen vegetable steamers (broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts!)
My favorite dinner ever. Salmon, brussel sprouts and mushrooms
2. Fresh vegetables include onions, garlic, kale and mushrooms
3. Frozen steak and chicken to grill on my george foreman
4. Fresh fish normally bought day of from the supermarket to grill
1. Quest protein bars (these are my current favorites).
2. Greek yogurt+ pumpkin
3. Protein shakes made of Xanthem gum, pumpkin, skim milk and greek yogurt
4. Hard boiled eggs
Random other things I like:
1. I always have hot cocoa stocked
2. and ice cream
3. Coffee creamer (I am in a Baileys Irish Cream mood lately)
But other then that I have dessert at restaurants because they are clearly better then anything I could make
Question for you: Name your top five staple foods.
2. Greek yogurt
3. Peanut flour and cocoa powder (for pancakes…it counts as one)
5. Xanthem gum for smoothies