1. Remove layer of fat off of the tri-tip.
2. Rub dry rub all over the tri-tip.
3. Add olive oil to bottom of the instapot.
4. Using "saute mode" on the Instapot, brown both sides of the tri-tip.
5. Remove tri-tip and add vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, or onions at the bottom.
6. Place the rack at the bottom of the instapot.
7. Put the tri-tip on top of the rack. Pour beef broth on top.
8. Select "Meat" button and cook on high-pressure for 25 minutes.
9. Once finished ensure the internal temperature if 145 degrees.