Over the last month, I’ve been working out with the Future App. I’ve really enjoyed the personalized training and coaching to meet my own needs. Plus right, they are giving 50% off and you can try risk-free for 30 days!
This post is sponsored, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
About Future App:
What is the Future App? Future uses a combination of technology and personal trainers to guide you through workouts. It’s a fitness app you can download on your cell phone. You are paired with a trainer that gives you a personalized training plan to follow. They don’t just give you a plan and leave, and your coach is there with you every step of the way. You can facetime your coach. Every workout is coordinated based on your needs, and each one has a reason for you to do it.
How Does Future App Work?
First, you choose your coach. You facetime them about goals, your needs, and where you plan to work out. It helps the personal trainer get to know you. My meeting took about 30 minutes. I was nervous to Facetime someone, but my coach was awesome and helped me feel comfortable and excited to start.
Your personal trainer at the Future App provides:
- One on One coaching
- Guidance, motivation, and support
For each question, my trainer answers completely from the “why are doing this activity” to how would this help running.
Your Welcome Kit:
The Future App sends each member a Welcome Kit to get you started. It really helps you feel like you’re part of a community.
- Apple Watch included with membership (yes, really!).
- Custom water bottle
Honestly, I was shocked when they said they were sending each member an Apple Watch! The Apple Watch provides custom data, including your heart rate, so your coach knows your effort level. This helps your coach determine if the workout needs to be adjusted or changed.
Setting Up Your Training Plan:
I’ve been guilty of not knowing what to do in the gym. In fact, I told my trainer this. Running seems to come easy, but strength training and mobility overwhelms me, and I don’t know where to start. I go to the gym, bounce around different machines for a while and then leave. I haven’t been consistent with the gym for a while. With the Future App, your training plan is created for you, and you just need to do it. It takes the stress and guesswork out of it.
You have the options for whatever you want if you want to do everything in the gym, great! If you want to do it all at home, your coach can work with you to do it there too.
Working Out with the Future App:
Here is where things get “fun.” The Future App has detailed audio and video guidance. You have a video of each workout, so you know how to do them. Plus, your coach records messages to you about the workouts, so it’s personalized.
- No Boring Workouts: Going to the gym can be boring. I haven’t been bored with the Future App at any workout, and I find each workout flies by.
- Great If You Need Flexibility: Since your trainer works with your needs, you don’t have to work out at a gym. If you’re someone who wants to work completely at home…you can and on your own time. You don’t have to meet someone somewhere. If you want to do your workout at 7 am…great if you want to do it at 10 pm…great.
- My Own Pace: Each exercise in the Future App has a preprogrammed time limit or a set count. You press go for the next workout. I like that many of the sets are at my own pace. With some apps, I feel like the pace is built-in a certain amount of time, and sometimes I feel as though I can’t keep up.
- Accountability: With the Future App, you are accountable to someone. There have been several nights I’ve been like: “ahh, I really feel lazy,” but now I have someone to be accountable to. I can’t use the excuse; I just wanted to watch TV instead.
Something that is a bonus is the playlists you can choose with your workouts. You know I love a good playlist, and the Future App has a lot of great options. I’ve found some great remixes that I enjoy too.
Checking in With Your Coach:
One of the biggest draws for the Future App is that you have a coach who checks in with you! I’ve talked to my coach every day since joining the app. I can ask for advice with an exercise or ask about the “why are we doing this.”
It isn’t as if someone gave me a plan and walked away. My coach is truly invested in my time and gains. Even though they aren’t coaching me for running, they ask about that too!
Future App Conclusion:
I really like the Future App. I’ve never found myself constantly working on strength training, plus I know what to do. Future is unlike any Fitness App I’ve ever tried, and I’m really excited to see my strength and mobility gains and how it will help with running.
Right now, Future is giving 50% off your first month with this link.
Question for you: What fitness goals are you going after right now?