Oigo Suitcase Review
While moving across the country, I needed new suitcases. I’ve had most of my bigger suitcases since college nearly a decade ago. None of my suitcases were high quality, but somehow they made it through the years.
I wasn’t too familiar with suitcases in general. I knew I needed something that would last as well as fit into my two-door sedan, and hold two months’ worth of clothes. After doing some research, I stumbled upon Oigo Suitcases.
For moving across the country, I decided the Oigo Rig 9800 was the best fit for me.
Why? The Oigo Rig 9800 is the largest and most “fully loaded” travel bag out there. I don’t want to replace my suitcase for another decade, so I would rather spend more for something good quality.
What makes the Oigo Rig 9800 good?
Keep in mind; I’m not a professional suitcase reviewer (or a professional anything reviewer). I share things that have worked well for me.
- Durable and heavy-duty
- Wide mouth that zippers all the way around, which makes it easy to fit items in.
- Over-sized wheels with higher clearance. This makes it easy to wheel it off the beaten path (which I’ve had to wheel it through some grass and it was fine).
- Structural Load Equalizing Deck (Also known as a SLED), which increases the durability for handling rough conditions.
- Compression Straps to cinch down the suitcase. Since we were limited to space on our trip (the cats took up the entire back seat), the cinch straps made it easy to compress the suitcase even more. I could fit more things and take up less room.
- Plenty of storage. I can easily pack things in various compartments. I don’t want my dresses and running shoes in the same area.
- Long telescopic pull handle.
I appreciate all of the space in the Oigo Rig 9800. It’s been a great suitcase that I don’t foresee replacing in a while. After traveling over 3000 miles and wheeling it around to at least a dozen hotels (wow, it does not feel like I’ve been living on the road that long), I’m impressed with the Oigo Rig 9800. I highly suggest it if you’re looking for a new suitcase.
I’m looking forward to traveling again and it will be a great long trip suitcase too. It can be used as a shorter-term suitcase because you’ll have plenty of space also.
Plus, Oigo was kind enough to give me a discount code for readers too. You can save 25% on all Oigo Suitcases.
Questions for you:
Have you tried Oigo suitcases before?
What is your favorite travel suitcase?