27 Facts about Me
Today is my 27th birthday. I’m one step closer to matching my grandma soul with my actual age. After 21, most of the birthdays kind of blend together. I’ve been blogging for nearly 6 years now, so I thought it would be fun to share 27 facts you may or may not know about me. It was actually difficult to come up with because as a blogger all I do is talk about myself…
- I was born in San Diego. I remember nothing because I was a baby.
- Since my dad was in the Navy, we lived and traveled to a lot of cool places. I grew up in England as well as Japan. Ultimately, I went to high school in Virginia.
- I still have relatives that live on the Orkney Islands just north of Scotland.
- Growing up in England, I actually went to a British school for a while. When we moved back to the US, I had a British accent for a long time.
- Before swimming, I dabbled in many sports including soccer, tennis, and basketball. I was terrible at all of them. I never scored any goals in soccer or baskets in basketball. When I was 6, I threw my tennis racket at another kid making fun of me.
- My favorite color is yellow. This useless tidbit will help you no way.
- Before 2012, my blog was actually called LOLZthatSwim. Then I started running. Then I quit swimming. So first I added LOLZthatSwim(Run) then ultimately just went with FueledbyLOLZ (incase I decide to do something completely different). Who knows maybe I’ll rebrand to BasketballingLOLZ…
- I don’t want a lot of TV shows but do follow: Americas Next Top Model, Americas Got Talent (Can you tell Tyra Banks is my favorite celebrity).
- I like to read more nonfiction than fiction. Most of my favorite books are biographies or autobiographies.
- I don’t like dogs. I’m sorry I don’t. I’ve been attacked by a couple. I will tolerate them, and I’ll never harm one, but I’m not a dog person. Left to my own, I won’t adopt a dog.
- One semester in college, I held the record for eating the most giant pancakes at a local diner. That was a semester I ran and swam.
- I have three brothers. Most people don’t know but I also have an older brother living in Seattle. (As well as a brother in the military and one living in VA).
- I was on homecoming court in high school. The glory days? Probably not, but I got to ride around on my dad’s car in homecoming parade with my good friend D, so it’s all a win.
- My parents have a pet donkey. You can read about how they acquired that here.
- I studied math and education until senior year of college, and then ended up changing majors to public health. Many long term readers know this!
- My favorite foods are squid, eel, and steak. I definitely like my protein!
- My favorite nonrunning brands include: JCrew, BCBG, and Kate Spade.
- During my first half marathon in 2012, I listened to the song “Party Rock Anthem” on repeat for the entire race. I don’t know why, but I didn’t hate it.
- My first car was a 2000 Pontiac Firebird that I had for 8 years. That was my baby.
- Some of my favorite music includes Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac, and Nikki Minaj. You never really know what you are going to get when you ride in a car with me.
- My favorite cake flavors are red velvet (which is actually just rich chocolate), orange and chocolate or cherry and chocolate. If you were planning to get me a birthday cake, then please just make sure there is a lot of frosting.
- Speaking of hair, I’ve dyed my hair almost every natural color. Black, bleach blond, auburn/red and brown. Ultimately, I believe my hair looks best darker brown but I let it fade out in the summer. Hair is hair and will probably grow back eventually…
- I don’t chew gum (at all). In college, I chewed gum a lot. I went through an entire pack each day. I decided I didn’t like when people chewed gum talking to me, it sometimes it made me feel bloated, and I couldn’t see any advantages to it. So I just quit cold turkey in 2011.
- I love going to the zoo and animaconservationon centers. My favorite animal is a black leopard but I like any big cats.
- I don’t like Kombucha juice. I know it’s trendy but I tried it once and it made queasy. I’ll let you guys have it…
- In college, I receieved the most fashion forward/trendy award…my how the times have changed.
- My goal for age 27 is to continue to live life and stay as sponateous as possible. During college and a few years after, I suffered from anxiety when I couldn’t control a situation. After marrying someone in the military, you learn…you can’t control anything! It’s allowed me to take a step back and relax. My life has definitely not gone anything like I ever imagined but I could not be happier!
Hope you enjoyed! Tell me a fun fact about you!