Wow this has been a long week. I’m exhausted from the marathon, travel, weather and life. I don’t think I would have the energy to work out much if I wanted too. I am hoping to get exponentially better next week.
To give a quick update on my hip and hamstring, it’s not feeling any better. As I have said, “yes I gutted out a marathon and finished but no it probably wasn’t the smartest thing”. I’m confident it’s a muscle issue with my hips, hamstring and possible butt too.
Moving on, instead of posting articles on Friday I am going to post articles make an alliteration and name it: Five for Friday post. Maybe it will get me 1000 followers and trend or something…maybe not.
Five Things that Brought the LOLZ this week:
- Bloggers shilling kitty litter (#littershilling)
- This so relevant meme to March
- This series of photos getting onto the podium last weekend:
- Reminds me of when I used to live in Upstate NY (I don’t miss it)
- Cat Treadmills
Five Items I bought this week:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Saucony Triumphs Running Shoes-Once I can run again, I cannot wait to test these guys out.
- Gas (at Wawa)
- Race photos- I was once called out for not buying race photos and using them on my blog. It made me think about race photographers are payed to take photos. Stealing them and using them on my blog is not only a bad idea (duh, you will get caught) but it’s also rude. Bloggers complain when a company wants them to review a product for free….Using race photos without paying for them is the same way (a lesson I’ve come to learn).
Five Articles I enjoyed this week:
- Why we should be saying “Like a Woman” versus “like a Girl” (Written by personal friend Liz, I love this article…so much truth!)
- Mary Cain: Growing Up Fast (Really interesting article and Cain and her progression).
- One Twin Exercises and the Other Does Not
- How Much Caffeine Should you be drinking race day? (Funny enough, people always associate me with having more caffeine than I actually do. A lot of my caffeine consumption is decaf!)
- How Alysia Montano won a national Title Six Months After Giving Birth (This has been pretty popular on the internet this week but never the less a great read)
Anyways I’m off to work.
Questions for you:
Are there are any articles/blog posts you really enjoyed this week?
What are your weekend plans?