Running Music

A common question I get is “do you listen to music while running?”

The answer is yes if I am running alone I listen to music about 90% of the time.  The other 10% is normally because my phone is not charged and so it’s sitting on the charger.  I also listen to pandora on top hits too.

I love running to music.  It makes the time go by faster and plus it gives me a great way to learn more song lyrics.  I actually used to listen to ebooks in college and got a lot of reading done that way.  Now I don’t have studying to do so as an old crusty graduate I listen to music.

I enjoy listening to current hits and top 40.  I’m not ashamed of it.  Beyonce, Lil Wayne, Kesha, Nicki Minaj…I love listening to them all.

I compiled a list of my top 25 most played songs in the last month.  Judge me if you want…(I actually just screenshoted my itunes top 25).  As you can see I really enjoy a lot of remixes.  I love the original versions of each song too but I like to relive my college bar days and listen to remixed versions while running…


It’s important to note that recently I downloaded the Iggy Azalea CD.  Although she hasn’t currently made it onto my top played, I can assure you in the last week I’v only been listening to that CD.

My two favorite songs from her CD: 

Work (Warning vulgar)

Change your life (warning also vulgar)

You should probably go download them.  After I went and found them on youtube, I listened to them another few times…

Questions for you:

Do you run with music?

What are your favorite songs?