I haven’t been posting waffle recipe lately. I’ve gone back into a waffle mood (versus my eggs) so I’ve been somewhat experimenting in the kitchen. By experimenting, I mean adding things together and sticking them on my waffle iron and hoping they are good. I don’t stray too far from the grain of easy cooking. Or “cooking” that takes more than 5 minutes.
2/3 of cup of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
¼ cup feta or goat cheese (I like both of them…so I choose whatever is stocked)
½ cup water
Some kale and garlic
Spices I just dumped in: Garlic and red pepper. If I had onion I would probably add that too.
1. Saute the kale as you normally would.
2. Mix egg, water, flour, baking powder and spices together. Then add the kale followed by cheese.
3. Pour into waffle maker and let cook normally.
These savory waffles are awesome and I’ve recently began to enjoy them as much as sweet waffles.
This is how my recipe posts are. Short and to the point…I have no stories to share about them and they take the same amount of time as actually cooking.
Questions for you:
1. Do you like quick recipes or are you a champ?
2. Savory or sweet breakfast?
I feel savory waffles are more of a brunch type recipe.