Okay so be ready to be jealous of my life. The best thing about being a math major is that the week after a test you don’t do anything. Anything at all. Sure you have a little bit of homework (maybe one or two proofs) but nothing else. Which is why I had time to finally update my blog a little bit to something more Springish (and so I could stare at pancakes more often…).
On a side note-about my header. I don’t normally run in two piece bathing suits but that was during a run-swim-run race and this girl is not about to get chaffing from a one piece suit.
So with no tests coupled with Spring Break is in a week, I’ll have no work the week of break and the week during break. So I’ll be blogging to you guys aka my bffs!
Before I begin with ya know my week of bores and snores, I thought I would make a few March goals. If you haven’t read my last few blogs, I cannot run. It’s ouchies all the way. It is looking to be severe irritation in my right heal or a calceineous stress fracture. I’m about to go to all TMI on you but you can skip this part if you want too. So here are all my symptoms relating to a fracture:
1. I rushed into milage. (Yes that was my fault). I did, however, take a step back but needless to say I could have taken two.
2. It looks like I got bruised heel implants on my right foot. AKA it was swollen out the ying yang last night.
3. It happens to woman who have been having irregular meetings with their bff TOM..which has been my life for the last year and a half. I hope you understood that reference or I’ll bluntly say it next blog.
4. I need new running shoes.
5. My body was not used to the hard surface of the treadmill.
So yes, I have been in and out of my college trainers office and my cross country coaches office all day today. I’m getting ultrasounds all week in my heel, (to make sure it’s not some ridiculous irritation) and if indeed it does not get better, I’ll be getting an Xray and all that jazz.
But it leads me into my goals of March.
I just want to be active without running. I want to let my body heal (no pun intended considering it would be a heel stress fracture…) and try new things. We will see how it all goes. I also want to begin getting more and more calcium to my diet.
In the meantime I’ll just eat lots of pancakes.
Question for you:
1. Have you ever fractured/broken a bone?
No for me (as of now) and lets home it stays that way. I drank milk so much as a child, I probably got about 500% (seriously) of my calcium intake every single day.
2. Do you have any goals (or big plans) for March?