I’m not one to double post a lot because I think it takes away from one post. Since Puerto rico, I have been eating though I promise. I thought I would just add a few photos daily from Puerto Rico for a while because that captures more of the moment then my rambling.
On a side note, I haven’t said anything on my blog that I wouldn’t say to people in the “real world.” I just found out (which makes sense of why my full name has over 100 hits to find my blog) that some of my fellow teammates read my blog on the regular. So here is a shoutout to you guys. Comment if you would like.
Before I begin my blog-I have to share this photo of the Baltimore Ravens airplane at my airport. I actually watched the Ravens game today, so Holly would be so proud. I wish my plane hadn’t been leaving so I could have seen them come out. I feel since I’m such a superstar famous people and I don’t really ever see each other. Bahaha.
I was also tagged in one those baby girls and since my last Factual Friday blog about my shoulders was a week ago, I’ll tie that lose end by rambling on about myself now.
Four TV Shows I Watch:
• Americas Next Top Model
• Say Yes to the Dress
• The Great Baker
• Random bits of Trashy TV (Jersey Shore YES)
Four Things I’m Passionate About:
• My friends and family
• Painting. I have to do something with my life since I have no classes or work to do between practices.
Four Words/Phrases I Use Too Much:
• Babycakes. That is my nickname for everyone.
• “Where is my _________? (nalgene, student ID, wallet, camera…)
• It’s too cold.
• This is a waste of my life. (I don’t like to be wasteful.)
Four Things I’ve Learned From The Past:
• Everyone can have a good relationship with food.
• Female drama is never worth it.
• I cannot retire into the cold.
• I can live for a week without pancakes.
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To:
• More people in my college town.
• Running a half marathon and beginning my running season again.
• Getting married and settling down.
• Meeting Tyra Banks (because that is my life mission). You can take your noble goals elsewhere.
Four Things I Love About Winter:
• Warm coffee
• Holidays. I love all Holidays and being festive.
• New Year and wiping the slate clean.
• The first snow (and then the first snow melt).
I like to pretend I have been productive without school and work. I did come out with a new way to indulge in pancakes. So there.
Dark Chocolate peanut flour banana pancakes
Now isn’t that a mouthful? It was only a matter of time before I found a recipe to combine the three to make something so delicious. I love peanut flour, banana, and cocoa powder so it was destiny.
1/3 cup peanut flour
1 small mashed nanner
¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I like Hershey’s special dark)
1 tsp baking powder
Water or milk to constancy
Sweetener to your taste (I used 2 truvia packets) but I like tart chocolate the best.
Mix and cook on griddle.
For dinner on Friday night, I made mashed taters, steak and steamed veggies. This was actually the best steak I have ever made by myself so daddy would be proud.
Kelsey and I made raspberry pancakes after our first practice on Saturday.
Then I got pancakes at Foxy Roxy’s this morning. The cute ladies all said they missed me and I met some new friends wondering where I pack these cakes down. I am convinced when I get out of college, all my friends will be 60+. I’m okay with it.
Two recipes in one post. I must be overzealous I suppose but I made bacon burgers for dinner. I’m not sure if I have mentioned 1000 times but I’m not normally a burger fan. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I have had one. Something about them just doesn’t appeal to me. Grill me some hot dogs and steak. But anywho-I got the recipe from a book I was given.
Bacon Burger: (makes 1 serving)
2 strips bacon
1 tablespoon egg substitute
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
¼ pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon parsley leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire cause
1 teaspoon minced chili pepper
1 slice American cheese
1 hamburger bun
I like spinach and tomato personally with a bit of ketchup.
1. Place a medium pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
2. While the bacon is cooking, combine egg substitute and bread crumbs. Add the turkey, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and chili pepper. Shape the patty.
3. Cook patty for roughly 2 minutes per side in pan. Wrap the bacon around the patty. Add cheese and bun and waaalaaa.
For me having a burger was a big deal, because I haven’t had one in probably five years. So my trying new things led me to success again. NOM NOM NOM.
As promised here are some more photos from Puerto Rico:
Question for you:
1. What is something you haven’t had in a long time that you would like to give a second chance?
2. Heels, Wedges or flats?
I love heels and wedges. I have always walked on toes (I couldn’t tell you why) so they are actually a lot more comfortable. I rocks heels or wedges whenever I’m not wearing boots ha.