As my survey has indicated, you never want to hear my rambling sarcasm again and are more interested in my personal life. So I’ll try my best to be a Personal Petunia.
As you read, this I am probably not on the planet. I just wanted to say that but I’m probably flying home, unless my flight was delayed which is always a possibility. Anywho-I just found this new feature that you can publish posts at a certain time. That means, if I don’t have internet in Puerto Rico-I can have a few blogs be released anyways.
But really I am going to be home from December 17-27th. I had made a few structured goals for myself that I hope to follow. Although I just hope to make 75 percent of these.
1. Swim 8 (2 hour) practices. 8 Practices is not bad in 10.5 days. That may sound intense but when I get back to school for winter break, I will be doing 9 practices in 5 days. I plan to practice with my club team so I’ll be pushed more. Swimming solo is no fun for 8 straight practices.
2. Try to find more time for running. What am I going to do while I’m back home? I’m not close to many people anymore, I don’t have classes as an excuse so it’s the perfect time to build back up my training. This is going to start to build my base back for running. I am a big baby and would run everyday if it wasn’t cold and snowy up here in NY.
3. I can’t avoid sweets completely when I’m home. That would be unreasonable to post. I can, however, think about not eating every cookie that is in my house.
4. Have (are you ready for this??) ten different breakfasts. For me, having chocolate pancakes are different from pumpkin. But I will not repeat anything. Do you think I can handle this
5. Continue my trying new things. I can’t put a set limit on it because I have been doing really well.
I have a whole boatload of fun things planned for when I’m back home (ha!)
2. A date with my dentist.
3. A 5k date with Anna.
4. An aerobics sub in (I love step aerobics)
5. A diner date with bloggings very own Chuck.
6. And lots of family time.
Okay-so I’m not too exciting but I’m sure it will give me something to ramble on about.
My fifth semester of school is done. I’ll be a senior next semester actually, since I’m ahead in credits. Here are some of the highlights of the semester:
1. Made some running friends.
2. Became closer with my housemates.
3. Tried new things.
4. Reaked of chlorine and loved it.
5. Did a few pancake challenges.
6. Realized I still despise upper division math courses. Do I need to know the Euclidean Algorithm to teach middle school math? I can, of course see where they are coming from, but it is still extremely hard for me to hope to enjoy the very subject I loathe right now.
7. And of course…hoarded Greek Yogurt like it’s my job.
And this is what I can’t look forward too in a couple of weeks. Puerto Rico with my team.
Turning the tables completely: I took this from Allie (another blog that I subscription stalk…really if they paid me for this I wouldn’t have to learn anymore math.). I’m not sure I’ll do all 30 days, but I do some of them hehe. Basically-it’s 30 days of nonstop information about me and today is day 1. You can do it too!
Day 01 – A few pictures of yourself with fifteen facts.
1. As a child, I grew up in London and went to British School because I’m a navy baby.
2. I’m not a fan of babies.
3. But I love kids above age 1.
4. I collect coffee mugs and greek yogurt containers to hold my coffee in.
5. My nickname is Grandma Hollie by club swim team and my college team and they both occured at different points. Grandma at club because I just won’t quit swimming and most of them are still in high school.. Grandma at college because I hate going to bed later than midnight and don’t make it that far most of the time.
6. I love my family. I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
7. I am still unsure if I’ll end teaching math the rest of my life.
8. I LOVE reading blogs… more than going on facebook. (I agree with Allie on this one bahaha…Can I steal your facts?)
9. I have two dogs, two cats, two toads and a donkey.
10. I write to do lists everyday.
11. I have never been tanning and I never plan too. The beds look like giant coffins to me.
12. I would rather be sweating and gross versus cold and clean.
13. I used to play soccer but I was the flower picker.
14. I am that girl that will give you a truthful opinion and not flower it up.
15. I still have a British accent.
Well there ya have it. Day 1 is done.