Dark Chocolate Orange Pancakes
For breakfast I made dark chocolate orange pancakes (thats a mouthful that I need to find a better name). I killed two birds with one stone. I wanted to see if my gluten flour would yield pancakes and I wanted to make a new type.
¼ cup gluten flour
¼ wheat flour
2 tablespoons orange zest
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Sweetener to taste
½ -1 cup water depending on how thick you want them
Although chocolate pancakes don’t photograph well. These babies were delicious. By far one of my favorite kinds to date.
For our swimming party, I decided to make Di@Treadmill Diaries cranberry cookies. I followed the recipe like it was my job (because I trust her 100%)
They came out delicious. I knew these were the perfect cookies to make because they are so different than anything anyone else would make. I could also incorporate that I made them because I’m a southern girl. Which it’s doubtful if cranberries are southernish but I enjoy saying I did something because I’m from the south. Vice versa-I often smart
comment back to my parents that I picked up habits because I go to school. But anywho-here is the recipe for delicious cranberry cookies.
Festive and perfect.
• 1 ½ cup oats
• ¾ c wheat flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tblespoon cinnamon
• ½ c light butter (unsalted)
• ¼ c splenda blend brown sugar (or ½ c regular brown sugar)
• ¼ c sugar
• 1/4 c egg whites (or 1 large egg)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 c dried cranberries
Shake and Bake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugars together. Mix in egg & vanilla
3. In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients except cranberries
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Fold in cranberries
6. Drop rounded tsp(s) of cookie mix on ungreased cookie sheets
7. They should spaced about 1-inch apart from each other
8. Bake 10 min for chewy cookies or 11-12 min for crispy cookies
Note: Di’s yielded 40 cookies-and I’m a fatty and got 50. That’s only because I feel eating two small ones is better than eating 1 big one. It obviously makes sense.
As everyone’s weekend question:
What are you doing this weekend?
What finals do you have/did you have? What was your hardest?