If only I had the energy to do a complete blog today. But sadly I am tired. I am going to go lay in and bed and bond with my pillow, blanket and television. I suppose I could bring my computer up there too but I don’t want to miss America’s Next Top Model. Have any of you been the following this season? My favorite is Anne-the 10 foot goddess…not really ten but she is over 6.
Enchilada Cook Off!
Aram comes from a strong Mexican background (along with a strong Iranian background) and so we decided to have an Enchilada cookoff. He used a secret family recipe (that I still don’t know ha) while I used a recipe found on Peanut Butter Fingers.
You guessed it.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 10 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 1 c. chicken breast
- Large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2.tablespoons cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/3 cup and 1/3 cup divided shredded cheese
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Over the stove sauté enchilada sauce and all spices and stir until bubbling.
- Add pumpkin and stir until combined
- Add chicken and 1/3 cup cheese.
- Spread a light layer of sauce on the bottom of an 9X9 pan.
- Fill tortillas with enchilada sauce.
- Roll tortillas and place in the pan with the folded edges facing down to keep them closed
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with other 1/3 cup cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts
These are absolutely fantastic. Aram was shocked, and you cannot taste the pumpkin and it sneaks those extra veggies in. He is already begging me to make more.
What heritage is your background?
I come from a very strong Scottish and German background personally. We have a lot of relatives that still live up in the Orkney Islands just north of Scotland.
Aram’s mom is from Mexico while his father is from Iran. I thought he was Greek when I first started dating him and then he gave me his whole family background. J